Re: [netcdfgroup] netCDF 4.2.1.1 and pnetcdf.h

On Mon, Oct 08, 2012 at 03:52:30PM +0100, Mark Dixon wrote:
> I hope someone can clear this up for me, please:
>
> Is it still required to download the replacement pnetcdf.h file, to
> install netCDF 4.2.1.1 with pnetcdf 1.3.1, as per the instructions
> here
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/build_parallel.html
> ?

Nope! one of the big pushes we made for 1.3.0 and 1.3.1 was to close
the gap between unidata netcdf and pnetcdf and let the two
interoperate better.

"Better compatibility with NetCDF-4: no need for a modified pnetcdf.h
from Unidata when building NetCDF-4 with PnetCDF support. "

> I note that I tried building without the replacment header file and
> netCDF builds and passes all of the automated tests.

I'm glad to hear that.  of course, I made sure that was the case on my
systems but I like to hear confirmation that things are still happy in
other environments.

==rob

--
Rob Latham