[netcdfgroup] linking netCDF library with program written in Fortran

Dear all,

I have installed the following libraries on my MacBook Pro (OS X 10.8.2) using
MacPorts:

- netcdf @4.2.1.1
- netcdf-cxx @4.2
- netcdf-fortran @4.2

I need to pass the information about the netcdf interface to JULES program
written in Fortran and in the user manual the following option is suggested:

make COMPILER=gfortran BUILD=run CDF_LIB_PATH=/opt/local/lib \
CDF_MOD_PATH=/opt/local/include

The values for these options are the directories in which the pre-compiled
netCDF library (libnc.a) and Fortran 90 module files (those with .mod
extension) are located respectively. However, in my lib directory I don't have
libnc.a library, only libnetcdf_c++.a and libnetcdf.a libraries. In my include
directory I have NETCDF.mod and TYPESIZES.mod files. Now, when I run the above
given command in my Terminal, I get the following error:

….
….
gfortran -c -fbounds-check rwerr_mod.f90 -J/Users/Nana/JULES/jules_v2.2/MODS
-I/Users/Nana/JULES/jules_v2.2/MODS -I/Users/Nana/netcdf/include
-I/Users/Nana/JULES/jules_v2.2/UTILS/drhook_dummy
Fatal Error: Reading module netcdf at line 25 column 2: Expected string
make[1]: *** [/Users/Nana/JULES/jules_v2.2/libjules.a(rwerr_mod.o)] Error 1
make: *** [make_SOURCE/MODULES/CONTROL] Error 2

When I run nc-config --flibs, I get the following information:

-L/opt/local/lib -lnetcdff -L/opt/local/lib -lnetcdf -lnetcdf

and for nc-config --includedir

/opt/local/include

Do you have an idea what I could do to fix this? Any help would be hugely
appreciated.

Kind regards
Ana

Ana Mijic