[netcdfgroup] nco - merge two grids in a new one or put two different locations in the same netcdf file

  • To: netcdfgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [netcdfgroup] nco - merge two grids in a new one or put two different locations in the same netcdf file
  • From: zyxuwv-2 <zyxuwv@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 02:19:16 -0800 (PST)
Dear netcdf group support

I'd be very grateful for advice on which nco command might be the best to
concatenate two netcdf files.
I am in the process of concatenating two timeseries from two different
locations (different latitude and different longitude, but the same time
axis).

The main issue here, as I see it, is that the record dimension is not lat *
or* lon but both lat *and* lon.

Hence, I would probably be better off doing this by using Matlab, IDL or
other software (but this would need me to extensively modify my scripts)
rather than use NCO.

I am wondering if there are a sequence of nco commands so that I could
concatenate this two netcdf files  in one netcdf file.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Best wishes,

Eduardo