Re: [netcdfgroup] "reboxing," or 3D regridding

Tom,
I am not sure if this will help, but here is the section on creating a grid. You should be able to generate a 3D grid of uniform elements over which you can regrid (rebox) from one 3D grid to another. I think reboxing is the same as regridding if the grid in question is 3D. Is that right?

http://www.earthsystemmodeling.org/esmf_releases/last_built/ESMC_crefdoc/node5.html#SECTION05050000000000000000

See the Tech-X website for a uv-cdat python example.

https://ice.txcorp.com/trac/modave/wiki/Regrid3D

--Dave

Dave Kindig
Research Assistant - TechX Corp (www.txcorp.com)