[netcdfgroup] Segmentation fault on NcFile open

Hi all,

This is my first time using the NetCDF C++ libraries, and I can't seem to
get started. I would like to open an HDF file from a program using NcFile,
using the following:

NcFile dataFile("MERRA300.prod.assim.inst3_3d_asm_Cp.20120101.hdf",
NcFile::ReadOnly);

However, gdb reveals a segfault at this line (yes, the file is stored in
the same directory as the test script). Interestingly, I also receive the
same error when I intentionally attempt to open a file that does not exist,
which I find strange (I would have expected a 'file not found' type of
error), and it makes me think that I simply can not open an HDF file with
these libraries. Is this true? How would I proceed? Thank you in advance,

Taylor Binnington

--
Taylor Binnington
e. tbinnington@xxxxxxxxx