Re: [netcdfgroup] Segmentation fault on NcFile open

Taylor,

The netCDF-Java library can read HDF-EOS data, so if the data is
available from a server that uses netCDF-Java, such as TDS, then your
C++ program can access the HDF-EOS data using the OPeNDAP client
that's available with a recent netCDF-C based library built with DAP
protocol support enabled (the default if libcurl is available at build
time).

As Dan Packman pointed out, you could instead download and make use of
one of the HDF-EOS tools available from

  http://hdfeos.org/software/tool.php

which also includes

  HDF-EOS5 to netCDF-4 Converter -- converts HDF-EOS5 to netCDF-4

  to a netCDF-4 file that the netCDF-4 library can read. Unlike the
  HDF-EOS5 Augmentation Tool, this tool creates a new file that the
  HDF-EOS5 library cannot read.

--Russ