Re: [netcdfgroup] CMake success

Ward

CMake support also provides for Visual-Studio based netCDF-C builds. The development/integration environment is Windows 7 (64-bit) with Visual Studio 10

Good to know.
Some time ago I built a special Visual Studio 10 made netCDF 4.2.0, available here

http://nco.sourceforge.net/nco_qt_msvc.shtml

The goal was to support a "native"  Windows NCO build.

One thing that I wanted to avoid was to build Visual Studio projects by "hand", so I ended up using this framework called "Qt", that automatically generates a Visual Studio project from a Qt project, a simple text format with the list of files , similar to Makefile.am from GNU autoconfig, that I think is the same idea used by CMake.

I had to do some minor changes to the library source code in order to build with Visual Studio 10. I ended up porting mostly everything (libraries, tests, tools) with the exception of ncgen (some compiler error related to the generation of a NAN, I think)

I will be happy to share what I did with the netCDF team, if you are interested.

But, it seems that, with this new release , everything will just compile with Visual Studio 10 ? Meaning no source code changes ?

Will this build include the other libraries generally used by netCDF applications?

1) UDunits2
2) OpenDap

I see that OpenDap (OC 2) is included in the netcdf-4.2.1.1 distro, but not UDunits2. There have been requests to have these libs as "native" compiled in Windows, and I have been trying to port them to Visual Studio 10, but if this would be available from Unidata, that would be fantastic !

Pedro

------
Pedro Vicente, Earth System Science
University of California, Irvine