Re: [netcdfgroup] (no subject)

On Feb 19, 2013, at 10:48 AM, Taylor Binnington <tbinnington@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thank you Dennis.
> I'm using version 4.2.1, netcdf-cxx4 by Lynton Appel, on openSUSE 12.1, so I
> think it's fairly up-to-date. The problem is not that I am unable to open the
> file (I, too, can print out the 24 values), but that doing so apparently uses
> ~19 mb of bandwidth, according to the iftop monitoring utility. This seems
> quite excessive.
> Please let me know if there is specific information that I should provide
> here. Much appreciated,
> Taylor

Taylor,
  I think Benno might have put his finger on the issue over on the opendap-tech
mailing list.  That is, instead of passing the fully constrained URL to a read
function, open the URL without the constraints and then use one of the methods
that allows you to specify the start and length (or corner points) of the
segment you want to retrieve.  I know they must be there somewhere, because the
C API certainly has it.