Re: [netcdfgroup] NF90_SYNC question

It turns out the real cause wasn't too exciting: someone else was hogging
all the bandwidth!

Thanks for mentioning chunk sizing; that's not something I had thought
about. I've got one unlimited dimension, and it sounds like that means an
inefficient default chunks size <
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/netcdf/Default-Chunking.html#Default-Chunking>.
("For
unlimited dimensions, a chunk size of one is always used." What's the unit?
One DEFAULT_CHUNK_SIZE? Maybe it'll become clear as I read more.)

I guess I've got some reading ahead of me. For resources, I see the
powerpoint
presentation<http://hdfeos.org/workshops/ws13/presentations/day1/HDF5-EOSXIII-Advanced-Chunking.ppt>that's
linked to and the HDF5 page on
chunking <http://www.hdfgroup.org/HDF5/doc/Advanced/Chunking/>. Do you have