Re: [netcdfgroup] ETA for 4.3.0?

Good afternoon Pedro,

On 2/21/13 12:58 PM, Pedro Vicente wrote:
Hi Ward

I noticed that netcdf-4.3.0-rc1 does not have the CMake projects

but the svn repo does

http://svn.unidata.ucar.edu/repos/netcdf/trunk

does this mean that netcdf-4.3.0 will not have the CMake projects, or will it, after you fix those issues ?

Yes, it will. We are still using an autotools-based toolchain for creating the release, and I had neglected to include the CMake-related changes into the various Makefile.am files. This is one of the main reasons I hadn't announced the -rc1 release yet; CMake integration is one of the main changes in 4.3.0, so I thought the release candidate had probably include CMake integration!
also, the svn repo has a CMake project for OpenDAP , which is great, but not for UDunits....no UDUnits CMake for this release ?
Starting with netCDF 4.1.3, udunits was separated from the netCDF-C libraries in much the same was as the fortran and C++ APIs were. While the udunits directory is still in place for historical purposes, there is no support for enabling/using udunits using the autotools-based build chain. Similarly, we don't plan on adding it to the CMake-based build chain.

NetCDF-C and udunits are completely independent of each other; you may build them in any order you like, as there are no dependencies between them. So, we will not be adding CMake udunits support. Udunits2 may be downloaded from:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/udunits/

Thanks, have a great afternoon,

-Ward

thanks