Re: [netcdfgroup] Mac OS X with Intel Fortran compiler make error

Roy/Dennis

Does anyone on the list know of a compiler that depends on the upper case
MOD mechanism?  Dennis may be right about not needing the upper case MOD
files.

I think there are still a few compilers that mangle the mod file names in various ways that differ from all lower case format. Although most have moved to that format but I don't think all have. Unfortunately, I don't have
access to as many compilers as I used to so I can't verify which ones still
use a different naming convention. I think that Pathscale, Open64 and maybe
Absoft and IBM at one time used a different convention. Don't remember what
the old SGI MIPS compiler (probably the most worthless compiler in the history of Fortran) did but I think its the basis for Open64. Sun/Oracle and Cray did not use .mod for the file extension by default but their current compilers let you override that.

I do remember when I wrote the initial versions of the netCDF Fortran 2003
C Interop interfaces that I had issues with this on one of the compilers
I tested on which included Cray, IBM XLF, Sun, Intel, g95, gfortran and NAG.

RW