[netcdfgroup] netCDF 4.3.0 Errata

Good afternoon all,

With the recent release of netCDF 4.3.0, we have been made aware of a couple of issues which were not reported during the release candidate phase. Both issues are discussed below, and only affect cmake-related builds.

1. When netCDF 4.3.0 was originally released, the file nc-config.in.cmake was accidentally excluded. It can be downloaded here:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/win_netcdf/nc-config.in.cmake

The file should be placed in the root of the netcdf source directory.

2. When building shared libraries via CMake on Unix/Linux, the resulting files have the soversion 4.3.0. This is a mistake, the soversion should be 7.2.0. This can be rectified post-install by creating a symbolic link from libnetcdf.4.3.0.so to libnetcdf.7.2.0.so.

Both of these issues are corrected in the netCDF subversion repository, but we do not feel that they necessitate a new release. Updating the 4.3.0 release in-place is not an option, as the resulting checksum discrepancy could cause problems for the package maintainers.

Thanks all, have a great afternoon,

-Ward