Re: [netcdfgroup] netcdf debug option?

Hi Ben,

> Is there any sort of build with debugging option with netcdf? We are
> using 4.2 and there doesn't appear to be a debug option in the configure
> script. There is a logging option in the configure script?

By default, the configure script determines whether "-g" is an
acceptable compiler option and, if so, uses it in building the netCDF
libraries.

You can set additional debug options in the CFLAGS environment variable
before invoking configure.  For example, I often use CFLAGS='-g3 -O0
-fno-inline' to make sure a debugger such as gdb executes statements in
the same order as they appear in the source.

--Russ