Re: [netcdfgroup] netcdf-fortran error

With that information it is not easy to figure out what went wrong.

My recommendation for installation is this

1) Check whether you need NetCDF 4 support, if so do the below lettered
steps:
a) Install zlib
b) install hdf5 (preferably with fortran support)
2) Install netcdf-4.3.0 (if you don't need DAP support add this to the
configure --disable-dap, if you need NetCDF 4 support, add
--enable-netcdf-4)
3) Install netcdf-fortran-4.2 (it should automatically detect your
configure setup from the netcdf-4.3.0

The tests I have seen come up with errors. However, you can check in the
log whether you think it has anything to do with linking or something else.

Kind regards Nick