Re: [netcdfgroup] renaming a Group?

Hi Jeff,

> I don't see any way in the C library to rename a group.  I see routines
> to rename dimensions, variables and attributes, but not groups.  Am I
> missing something, or is there some fundamental reason why groups cannot
> be renamed?

It's on our list to do, but hasn't been scheduled yet:

  https://bugtracking.unidata.ucar.edu/browse/NCF-204

There's no fundamental obstacle, it just requires adding equivalent
functions for group renaming to all supported APIs, as well as new test
code and documentation.

Lately, fixing bugs and portability problems has taken precedence over
adding new features and functions, but if the ability to rename groups
is important, we'll up its priority.

--Russ