Re: [netcdfgroup] problem compiling netcdf-c-netcdf-4.3.0 configure missing?

Hi Daniel,

With our move to GitHub, the 'tagged' releases are now packaged version of the source, whereas before we prepared source packages uses the the 'make dist' command provided by autotools. The difference is that the latter created the 'configure' script while the former does not.

In the short term, you may generate the necessary scripts by invoking 'autoreconf -i -f', or you can configure/build using 'cmake' (instructions here: http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/netCDF-CMake.html). I am working on how to properly add the 'configure' script and other files generated by autoreconf to the repository.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

-Ward