Re: [netcdfgroup] problem compiling netcdf-c-netcdf-4.3.0 configure missing?

On Aug 9, 2013, at Aug 9   10:36 AM, Ward Fisher <wfisher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Hi Daniel,
>
> With our move to GitHub, the 'tagged' releases are now packaged version of
> the source, whereas before we prepared source packages uses the the 'make
> dist' command provided by autotools.  The difference is that the latter
> created the 'configure' script while the former does not.
>
> In the short term, you may generate the necessary scripts by invoking
> 'autoreconf -i -f', or you can configure/build using 'cmake' (instructions
> here: http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/netCDF-CMake.html). I
> am working on how to properly add the 'configure' script and other files
> generated by autoreconf to the repository.

I tried to run "autoreconf -i -f" for  netcdf-fortran-4.2 and got the error
message:

aclocal: couldn't open directory `m4': No such file or directory