Re: [netcdfgroup] nc_inq_var_chunking segfault with hdf4 format file

  • To: Dennis Heimbigner <dmh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [netcdfgroup] nc_inq_var_chunking segfault with hdf4 format file
  • From: "David W. Pierce" <dpierce@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 10:46:54 -0700
It seems that nc_inq_var_deflate, nc_inq_var_fletcher32, and
nc_inq_var_endian all work with hdf4 files; i.e., they report no
compression, no checksum, and the correct endian (on my machine),
respectively. It's the nc_inq_var_chunking call that is the odd man out.

By the way -- not sure if I misinterpreted this:

> it will return an error because that is the only value
> that can be returned by netcdf API functions.

I just meant that it seems like it would be a clean solution if
nc_inq_var_chunking set *storagep to NC_CONTIGUOUS and returned without
generating an error if given a hdf4 format file, since, as far as I know,
no hdf4 format file can have chunked variables.

Regards,

--Dave