Re: [netcdfgroup] Pure web app. to display netCDF files?

  • To: Roy Mendelssohn - NOAA Federal <roy.mendelssohn@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [netcdfgroup] Pure web app. to display netCDF files?
  • From: "Signell, Richard" <rsignell@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 16:39:32 -0400
Roy, Charlie & Co,

I agree, and I'm very jazzed about Wakari.
Here's a very simple example:
https://www.wakari.io/sharing/bundle/rsignell/NetCDF_plot

One thing cool about Wakari is that you can also share your
environment, including any custom packages you have installed.  The
example above only uses the default packages, but because we are
interested in plotting model results, we are working on building a
Wakari environment that has the British Met Office's Iris package.
http://scitools.org.uk/iris/
http://scitools.org.uk/iris/docs/latest/index.html

Now that will be extra cool.   Students would then be able to fire up
Iris and work with model output using a sophisticated modeling
toolset, using nothing more than their web browser, and installing
nothing.

-Rich