Re: [netcdfgroup] Pure web app. to display netCDF files?

Hi John,

> wondering if you are still imagining chromebook? or just chrome browser?

For me the "chromebook solution" is best, because
that's what I actually use in the classroom.
It's more challenging than a full OS laptop with a chrome browser,
because chromebooks, and some tablets, only accept software
that can be downloaded from an app store, or
via the browser itself. Whereas a laptop with windows/linux/osx
one can download and install IDV/Panoply/ncview directly,
there is no way to do so on many tablets or chromebooks.
so a pure browser-based solution would work for everyone.

> also, is it really just visualizing existing fields? once you had the
> basics working, what would you ask for next?

yes, visualization is all i want to start.
anything more advanced would be gravy.
beyond single-field visualization i would want simple statistics like
zonal means, then multi-field capabilities like scatterplots,
subtracting one field from another...

best,
cz

--
Charlie Zender, Earth System Sci. & Computer Sci.
University of California, Irvine 949-891-2429 )'(