Re: [netcdfgroup] netcdf-4.1.3

It looks like you have compiled to dynamic libraries.  There is a search path
for looking for dynamic libraries, and usually that does not include the active
directory by default.  I do not know AIX, but in Linux you set the
environmental variable  LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include that directory, such that if
you are using Bash it might be something like:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/my/needed/directory:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

HTH

-Roy
On Oct 20, 2013, at 9:21 AM, Sudheer Joseph <sjo.india@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dear nc team,
>                        I am facing a strange issue with netcdf-4.1.3 which is
> compiled in an AIX 5.3 power6 machine. I am able to compile it with out any
> issue after installation of HDF5 ZLIB and curl. All are in 64 but mode
>
> I wanted to use the library in a fortran program which reads gfs forcing
> files from a netcdf file. When I compile the code there is no issue and it
> compiles successfully but when I try to run it it gives below error.  Can any
> one provide me some clue about what could be the issue. The code was working
> fine earlier but later it started giving this issue. What may be the possible
> solution?
>
>  ./gfs2hycom
> exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program ./gfs2hycom because of the following
> errors:
>         0509-022 Cannot load module
> /gpfs1/sjo/pkgs/local/lib/libcurl.a(libcurl.so.4).
>         0509-150   Dependent module
> /gpfs1/sjo/pkgs/local/lib/libz.a(libz.so.1) could not be loaded.
>         0509-152   Member libz.so.1 is not found in archive
>         0509-022 Cannot load module gfs2hycom.
>         0509-150   Dependent module
> /gpfs1/sjo/pkgs/local/lib/libcurl.a(libcurl.so.4) could not be loaded.
>         0509-022 Cannot load module .
>

> But the lib files are there in the directory.
>

> ll /gpfs1/sjo/pkgs/local/lib/libz.*
> -rw-r--r--    1 sjo      staff        324618 Oct 20 21:02
> /gpfs1/sjo/pkgs/local/lib/libz.a
> lrwxrwxrwx    1 sjo      staff            13 Oct 20 21:02
> /gpfs1/sjo/pkgs/local/lib/libz.so -> libz.so.1.2.5
> lrwxrwxrwx    1 sjo      staff            13 Oct 20 21:02
> /gpfs1/sjo/pkgs/local/lib/libz.so.1 -> libz.so.1.2.5
> -rwxr-xr-x    1 sjo      staff        158081 Oct 20 21:02
> /gpfs1/sjo/pkgs/local/lib/libz.so.1.2.5
>

> --
> with best regards
>
> Sudheer
>
> **********************************************************************************
> Dr. Sudheer Joseph
>
> Scientist
>
> INDIAN NATIONAL CENTRE FOR OCEAN INFORMATION SERVICES (INCOIS)
> MINISTRY OF EARTH SCIENCES, GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
> "OCEAN VALLEY" PRAGATHI NAGAR (BO)
> OPP.JNTU, NIZAMPET SO
> Andhra Pradesh, India. PIN- 500 090.
> TEl:+91-40-23044600(R),Tel:+91-9440832534(Mobile)
> Tel:+91-40-23886047(O),Fax:+91-40-23892910(O)
> E-mail: sudheer.joseph@xxxxxxxxx;  sjo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.
> Web- http://oppamthadathil.tripod.com
>            --------------* ---------------
> "The ultimate measure of a man is
> not where he stands in moments of
> comfort and convenience, but where
> he stands at times of challenge and
> controversy."
>                         Martin Luther King, Jr.
> "What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us.
> What we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal."
> - Albert Pines

**********************
"The contents of this message do not reflect any position of the U.S.
Government or NOAA."
**********************
Roy Mendelssohn
Supervisory Operations Research Analyst