Re: [netcdfgroup] netcdf-mpi build

Jim,

In the PISM build system (which also uses CMake) I check for the
presence of netcdf_par.h:

  # Try to find netcdf_par.h. We assume that NetCDF was compiled with
  # parallel I/O if this header is present.
  find_file(NETCDF_PAR_H netcdf_par.h HINTS ${NETCDF_INCLUDES} NO_DEFAULT_PATH)

  if (NOT NETCDF_PAR_H)
    set (Pism_USE_PARALLEL_NETCDF4 OFF CACHE BOOL "Enables parallel
NetCDF-4 I/O." FORCE)
    message(STATUS "Selected NetCDF library does not support parallel I/O.")
  endif()

I don't know how reliable this is and would love to hear from NetCDF
developers, but it works so far. (Should work in a cross-compiling
setup, too, as far as I can tell.)

--
Constantine