[netcdfgroup] NetCDF install issues with Intel compilers

System info:
RHEL6 64 bit
kernel = 2.6.32-431.3.1.el6.x86_64
Intel compiler version = composer_xe_2013_sp1.1.106

- First I was trying to install netcdf using the standard RHEL6 yum repo, but that was compiled using gfortran and the user requires the intel ifort compilers to be used. For the life of me I could not get the RHEL6 repo version of netcdf to use ifort. Any ideas on how to do that would be great!

- Then I decided to try installing netcdf v4.3.1 from source. After alot of trial and error, I got it to compile using the following in my .bashrc

source /usr/local/intel/bin/compilervars.sh intel64
export CC=icc
export CXX=icpc
export CFLAGS='-O3 -xHost -ip -no-prec-div -static-intel'
export CXXFLAGS='-O3 -xHost -ip -no-prec-div -static-intel'
export F77=ifort
export FC=ifort
export F90=ifort
export FFLAGS='-O3 -xHost -ip -no-prec-div -static-intel'
export CPP='icc -E'
export CXXCPP='icpc -E'
export CPPFLAGS='-I/usr/include -I/usr/include/hdf'
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:'/usr/lib64 /usr/local/intel/composer_xe_2013_sp1.1.106/compiler/lib/intel64 /usr/lib64/hdf'

I used the following intel linkfor reference:
http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/performance-tools-for-software-developers-building-netcdf-with-the-intel-compilers

I finally got netcdf to compile and install but when I run "nc-config --all" it reports that it was built with the icc compilers but with no fortran compilers at all. Needless to say, when the user's code runs, it calls gfortran.

I'm at a loss at this point and could use some insight into how to get netcdf happy with the intel fortran compilers.

Thanks

Steve
--
Steve Hart