Re: [netcdfgroup] Error msg related to CPPFLAGS while trying to install netcdf

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/netcdf-fortran-install.html

Definitely follow this page.  Works like a charm.

Steve

On 01/28/2014 12:15 PM, Kaptue Tchuente, Armel wrote:
Hi there,

I'm working on linux and I tried without success to install to install the library netcdf.

Any thougths on how to fix the problem will be very much appreciated.

Below is what I did:

1) I downloaded and unzipped the file netcdf-fortran-4.2.tar.gz
2) I changed the current directory to netcdf-fortran-4.2
3) As explianed here http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/old_docs/INSTALL_pre_360.html#linux,
     CC=/usr/bin/c99
     CPPFLAGS=-Df2cFortran
     FC=/usr/bin/g77
     FFLAGS=-Wno-globals
     CXX=/usr/bin/g++
4)  I runned configure ./configure

I'm getting the following error message "configure: error: netcdf.h could not be found. Please set CPPFLAGS."

--
Armel