[netcdfgroup] unlimited dimension and chunking breaking in 4.3.1.1?

This is long shot but here it goes.
We recently tried updating netcdf to version 4.3.1.1 from version 4.2.1 in the base libraries in the GEOS model. We found that when trying to create a diagnostic output file we were getting a crash in line 288 of nc4var.c which looks like it has something to do with choosing a chunk size. When it crashed we were in the call to create the time variable in the file with an nf_def_var call. Version 4.2.1 and earlier were running fine. The interesting thing is that the time is an unlimited dimension. When we changed the time variable to a fixed length dimension 4.3.1.1 ran fine. Unfortunately we have not been able to reproduce this in a small example program but has there been some change underneath the hood that that might have occurred that we should be taking a look at?

Thanks

--
Ben Auer, PhD   SSAI, Scientific Programmer/Analyst
NASA GSFC,  Global Modeling and Assimilation Office