[netcdfgroup] NetCDF-C 4.3.2-rc1 available

Hello all,

We are happy to announce the availability of the first release candidate for NetCDF-C 4.3.2. There have been a number of changes and enhancements since the previous bugfix release, 4.3.1.1. The full release notes are available from:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs_rc/release_notes.html

The highlights include:

* Fixed small default chunks ize for 1-dimensional record variables.
* Cleaned up type handling and fill-value bugs.
* Simplified iteration of objects in an open file, resulting in less memory usage. * Windows binaries are now bundled with the latest versions of the dependency libraries:
    * hdf5: 1.8.12
    * zlib: 1.2.8
    * libcurl: 7.35.0

* We have also begun to clean up and refactor our user documentation; I expect this will be an ongoing project :).

Relevant links:

* Documentation for this Release Candidate may be found at: http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs_rc * Source-code zip and tar.gz archives can be found at: http://github.com/Unidata/netcdf-c/releases/tag/v4.3.2-rc1 * Pre-built Windows binaries (for use with Visual Studio) are available from: http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs_rc/winbin.html

Thanks all, have a great day,

-Ward
Ward Fisher
wfisher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx