[netcdfgroup] Parallel I/O and End-Of-File

Hi all,

I was just wondering if there is any easy to detect the EOF of a netcdf-4 data
file? I’m trying to read in records (with an unlimited leading dimension) in
parallel until there are no more records left. Is there any easy way to
implement this without explicitly calculating the number of records (with an
inquiry function) and dividing by the #MPI processes (and figuring out what
happens when there isn’t a simple division)?

Thanks in advance,

Tim.