Re: [netcdfgroup] HDF error, and now what?

Ed,

Getting at the HDF5 error messages is possible, but not easy:

If you build
​the ​
netCDF
​C library ​
with
​ the​
--enable-logging
​ configure option​, rebuild the netCDF Fortran library using that C
library (or maybe it will just work if its a shared library)
, then
​
put the following
​in your code ​
​somewhere before the HDF error occurs

​  ​
​f​
_set_log_level(3)

​y
ou will get
​lots
 of output
​, including various messages on the HDF5 error stack when the error occurs​
 .
​If you change
 the "3" to a "1"
​, you​
get less output, or to a
​"​
5
​", you​
 get more.

​Sometimes this can be helpful in debugging a problem in the HDF5 layer or
a bug in how it's called.

--Russ​