Subject:        Issue Closed -- ncdump on ys {110312}
Date:   Tue, 12 Aug 2014 14:35:37 -0600 (MDT)
From:   cislhelp@xxxxxxxx <cislhelp@xxxxxxxx>
To:     foster@xxxxxxxx

~~-+-~~--~~-+-~~--~~--~~--~~-+-~~

Dear Ben Foster,

Your CISL Help Desk issue:

ncdump on ys {110312}

has been closed.

If you want to add more information, or are not satisfied with the

issue resolution, you can reply to this email to continue working with CISL

on this issue.

Communication with CISL

**** FROM CISL **** 2014-08-12 14:35:34.000 -0600 DDVENTO

Ben,
This appears to be an internal error of the program. Please report it to Unidata, the maintainer of the source base for these tools:http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/#process <javascript:void();>
Regards,
Davide

**** FROM YOU **** 2014-08-12 10:45:42.000 -0600 EMAIL_NOTIFIER

From: Ben Foster<foster@xxxxxxxx>

I am using /glade/apps/opt/netcdf/4.3.0/intel/12.1.5/bin/ncdump
on ys, which is what I get when I module load netcdf.

The -bf option to ncdump displays the fortran-style indices
when printing data from the netcdf file. I have attached two
files: ncdump.desktop.ncd is from my local desktop (which has
netcdf version 3.6.2), and displays the expected format for the
data var XNARG. The file ncdump.ys.ncd is from the same ncdump
command on the same netcdf file on yellowstone, and does not display
the indices.

--Ben