Best regards,

Heiko

PS: I send 2 bug-reports at about the same time, one about nccopy (confirmed already) and this one which is more about netcdf/hdf library interaction.

On 2014-10-23 13:14, Heiko Klein wrote:
Hi,

when chunking some files, they are afterwards unusable. Running the
command;

$ nccopy -k 4 -c "time/1,X/,Y/" aromeisingoperasjonell.nc
aromeisingoperasjonell.nc4

works well, but then

$ ncdump -hs aromeisingoperasjonell.nc4
netcdf aromeisingoperasjonell {
dimensions:
NetCDF: HDF error
Location: file ncdump.c; line 1381

When running the nccopy command without chunking, the hdf5 file is usable.

I tried nccopy both with netcdf 4.3.2 and netcdf 4.3.0, both with
hdf5-1.8.11 on ubuntu 12.04 64bit.

When removing the variable h(X,Y) from the example-file, it seems to
work with chunking?

Link to  aromeisingoperasjonell.nc.gz (122 MB): https://db.tt/RQpafocg

Best regards,

Heiko