[netcdfgroup] NcFile as class member

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I cannot find it in the archives.
I cannot seem to use an NcFile object as a class member. If I do the
following (shortened for clarity), I get a NcBadId exception:

class Trync
{
public:
    Trync()
    {
        fooFile = NcFile("foo.nc",NcFile::replace);
        int a = 1;
        fooFile.putAtt("bar", ncInt, size_t(1), &a);
    }

    NcFile fooFile;
};

int main()
{
    Trync tnc;
    return 0;
}

To be clear, the exception happens even without the putAtt command. It just
happens during the destruction of fooFile. I've looked at the definition of
operator=() and it does seem to correctly copy myId from its rhs. Does
anybody know what's going on, and is there a workaround?

Thanks