Re: [netcdfgroup] Not a valid CDM file

  • To: Sean Arms <sarms@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [netcdfgroup] Not a valid CDM file
  • From: Dennis Heimbigner <dmh@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2014 12:28:40 -0700
IMO, the right thing to do is
create a new module named something like
netcdf-client that creates the equivalent of the
tools ui jar. I do this with the dap4 code.
=Dennis

Sean Arms wrote:
I think the reason it's not in our maven repository is that the netcdfAll
jar is built along side toolsUI (it can be found in ui/target when you
build with maven). Note that not even toolsUI.jar is our maven repository,
because it's built in the ui module as well, which produces ui.jar.

I  think we cannot push two jars to a single artifact, which is why it does
not show up in the ui module on our maven repo (as well as toolsUI). One
option would be to create a new module that simply assembles the netcdfAll
jar as its artifact, like we do with ncIdv. However, doing that with the
current maven pom for ui is a bit tricky, so I think we are waiting to
fully transition over to gradle before doing that.

Then again, I might be wrong about all of that, so I'll leave it to John to
chime in to correct me.

Cheers,

Sean