Re: [netcdfgroup] parallel netcdf4 fails on nc_enddef when deflate-filter is used

  • To: Heiko Klein <Heiko.Klein@xxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [netcdfgroup] parallel netcdf4 fails on nc_enddef when deflate-filter is used
  • From: Russ Rew <russ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2015 07:46:19 -0700
Heiko,

HDF5 supports reading compressed data in parallel, but cannot write
compressed data in parallel.  The netCDF library should return a more
specific error than "HDF5 error" in this case.  Here's an explanation
<http://www.hdfgroup.org/hdf5-quest.html#p5comp> for why HDF5 doesn't write
compressed data in parallel.

--Russ