Were there any updates on that issue?

Best regards,

Heiko

On 2015-01-07 13:17, Heiko Klein wrote:
Hi,

while testing parallel netcdf4, I ran into another problem when writing
files with an unlimited dimension.

The attached, modified tst_parallel4.c file sets the 'slab' dimension to
unlimited, and fails then when writing data:

-----------------
$ ./tst_parallel4
mpi_name: vis-m2 size: 1 rank: 0
create ./tst_parallel4.nc/tst_parallel4.nc: 0

Sorry! Unexpected result, tst_parallel4.c, line: 154

with line 154 being nc_put_vara_int().

If resizing of unlimited dimensions is not possible in parallel-netcdf,
is it then possible to pre-size a unlimited dimension, i.e. that I can
write the data in parallel, while another (non-parallel) program can add
new data to that file along the unlimited dimension?

Best regards,

Heiko