Re: [netcdfgroup] NetCDF 4.3.3-rc3 has been released

The compression issue (i.e., lack thereof in certain cases) that I noted in
4.3.2 is still present in 4.3.3-rc3. We have confirmed that 4.3.1 works as
expected with WRF model output, but 4.3.2 results in larger files that are
apparently only partially compressed. ncdump -s gives the same info for both,
indicating that the variables should be compressed. I suspect an issue with 4-D
variables where the time dimension is unlimited, but I haven't managed a simple
test case to demonstrate the problem. (For our local cloud model, COMMAS, the
file sizes are the same as CDF-1, i.e., the compression doesn't happen at all
despite ncdump -s showing the compression attributes).

Any ideas?

I compiled 4.3.3-rc3 against hdf5-1.8.13, and all tests used
netcdf-fortran-4.4.0.

-- Ted