Re: [netcdfgroup] Build shared library against HDF5 without rpath

Hi Saurabh,

you could remove the rpath from the resulting libnetcdf.so with the command:

chrpath -d libnetcdf.so

Would that do?

Cheers,
John

On 08-04-15 23:38, Saurabh T wrote:
I wish to build the netcdf shared library against an existing shared hdf5 library, but not use rpath. Essentially, ldd libnetcdf.so should show libhdf5.so => not found (when libhdf5.so was obtained from an atypical location). It appears that LDFLAGS is rpath'd into libnetcdf.so, which is exactly what I do not want. How can I manage this? Thank you.