Re: [netcdfgroup] Build shared library against HDF5 without rpath

It is most definitely the case. The netcdf shared library is built with
-Wl,-rpath -Wl,/path/specified/in/LDFLAGS/at/configure.

saurabh

From: nickpapior@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2015 08:03:55 +0200
Subject: Re: [netcdfgroup] Build shared library against HDF5 without rpath
To: saurabh@xxxxxxxxxxx
CC: netcdfgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am pretty sure that is not the case.If libhdf5 is installed in default
locations, such as /usr/lib64 it might look like it. Have you tried playing
with LD_LIBRARY_PATH to check that it always take the same hdf5.so, such as you
suggest it does.

I wish to build the netcdf shared library against an existing shared hdf5
library, but not use rpath. Essentially, ldd libnetcdf.so should show
libhdf5.so => not found (when libhdf5.so was obtained from an atypical
location). It appears that LDFLAGS is rpath'd into libnetcdf.so, which is
exactly what I do not want. How can I manage this? Thank you.