Re: [netcdfgroup] Interpretation of valid_min/max/range attributes

  • To: Chris Barker <chris.barker@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [netcdfgroup] Interpretation of valid_min/max/range attributes
  • From: John Caron <caron@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 11:12:30 -0600
Hi Chris:

netcdf-java has several levels of API. The lowest level (NetcdfFile) doesnt
touch the data, so you just get whatever is in there. this is the level
that users of the C library are used to.

the next highest level of the netcdf-java API (NetcdfDataset) process
missing data, scale/offset, CF conventions, and other things. At this layer
the various attribute conventions are used to identify missing data.

John