Re: [netcdfgroup] nccmp make check fails

  • To: Kavitha Pandian <kavitha.p18@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [netcdfgroup] nccmp make check fails
  • From: Dennis Heimbigner <dmh@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 14:57:26 -0600
In order to get some more info, trye the following command on each file
and report what it says:
    ncdump -h <filename>
=Dennis Heimbigner
 Unidata

Kavitha Pandian wrote:
I am trying to install nccmp in Redhat 7. I installed netcdf-4.1.3 to make
it work. ./configure and make steps go through fine. However make check
fails. The test-suite.log looks like this:

======================================
   nccmp 1.5.0: test/test-suite.log
======================================

# TOTAL: 1
# PASS:  0
# SKIP:  0
# XFAIL: 0
# FAIL:  1
# XPASS: 0
# ERROR: 0

.. contents:: :depth: 2

FAIL: nccmp_test.sh

ncgen: NetCDF: Unknown file format
    (genbin.c:59)

I anyway tried "make install" and nccmp was installed. But when I try to
compare two different netCDF files, nccmp just exits without pointing out
the differences. Can you please help me to sort this out?