[netcdfgroup] Failed make check with netcdf-fortran-4.4.2 on OSX

Hi,

As a result of NCAR changing to HDF5 I’ve been trying to upgrade my NetCDF
libraries. I’m on a Power Mac running OS X 10.10.2. I usually have NetCDF C and
NetCDF Fortran installed as I need both.

Following the following web pages:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/build_default.html
<http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/build_default.html>

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/netcdf-fortran-install.html
<http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/netcdf-fortran-install.html>

I successfully installed HDF5 (1.8.13), zlib (1.2.8). I already have curl
(7.37.1).

I successfully installed NetCDF for C (4.3.3.1).

However, I’m getting an error for netcdf-fortran when I make check:

gfortran -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../libsrc    -I../fortran   -I../fortran
-m64 -c -o ftst_rengrps.o ftst_rengrps.F
ftst_rengrps.F:49.48:

      call check(nf_create(FILE_NAME, NF_NETCDF4, ncid))
                                                1
Error: Symbol 'nf_netcdf4' at (1) has no IMPLICIT type
make[2]: *** [ftst_rengrps.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [check-am] Error 2
make: *** [check-recursive] Error 1

It seems to not be seeing /usr/local/include/netcdf.inc, which is there. All
locations are defaults, I’ve also tried specifying them explicitly (ie, with
LDFLAGS, CPPFLAGS etc).

So what stupid mistake have I made? Given that that is what it always is :)

Cheers

Harry

Ian "Harry" Harris
Climatic Research Unit
School of Environmental Sciences
University of East Anglia
Norwich NR4 7TJ
United Kingdom

IMPORTANT NOTICE - This email is intended for the named recipient only. It may
contain privileged and confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient, notify the sender immediately and destroy this email. You must not
copy, distribute or take action in reliance upon it. Whilst all efforts are
made to safeguard emails, The School of Environmental Sciences cannot guarantee
that attachments are virus free or compatible with your systems and does not
accept liability in respect of viruses or computer problems experienced.