Re: [netcdfgroup] Diff between record and non-record data

Chris,

Yes, ragged arrays are supported in netcdf-4 by the VLEN type.  I have
never used this type, so I can only point you to additional documentation
that might help.

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs_rc/data_type.html#vlen_types
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/dvlen_8c.html

The first reference refers to "Variable Length Arrays in The NetCDF C
Interface Guide", but I have not found this exact documentation.

I recall seeing a few VLEN sample programs in the test suite in some recent
netcdf-C source code distribution.  These would be genuine working examples
that you could learn from.  HTH.

--Dave