[netcdfgroup] bug fixed with dimension lengths in 4.3.3.1?

Hello,
  I'm wondering if you can point me to a release note or similar that describes
a bug fix made sometime between netCDF 4.1.3 and 4.3.3.1 which deals with
reading the dimension lengths of variables in a netCDF-4 file.
  We have a file in which the first variable of the first group has a size of
21 x 83668.  Although netCDF 4.3.3.1 reads this variable correctly, netCDF
4.1.3 reads the dimension lengths as 21 x 21.
  Does this sound familiar?
  I'd like to understand what changed between the two versions to fix this.
  I verified the problem occurs ouside of MATLAB and in the netCDF library
using a standalone C test.
  Thank you!
     Ellen

Ellen M. Johnson