[netcdfgroup] How to enable has-f90 in NetCDF-F?

I'm building NetCDF-F 4.4.2 with the Intel, GNU and PGI compilers, and am seeing this configuration setting

      --has-f90   -> no

when I run

   nf-config --all

I assume that means that the Fortran 90 interface is not being generated, is this correct? I don't see any explicit setting for this in theconfigure --help; here's what I'm passing in the configuration step

   ./configure

--prefix=/shared/apps/centos-6.6_SB/NetCDF-F/4.4.2/Intel-15.0_OpenMPI-1.8.5_CUDA-7.0
   --enable-doxygen --enable-extra-example-tests
   --enable-parallel-tests --enable-large-file-tests --enable-extra-tests

and I'm setting the compilers to

   export FC=mpif90
   export F77=mpif77

Is there something else that I need to set, or do I need to put theFC &F77 settings directly in the configure line?
Thanks

contain
confidential information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution
is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the
sender by