[netcdfgroup] Basic nccopy question.

Hi, I'm trying to pull a subset of variables out of some wrfout files using the "-V" option, but don't seem to bet getting the syntax right. The "-v" (lower case v) option works fine, but I'm curious why I'm not having any success with the upper case variant. Here's the variables I'm trying to pull out:

        float RAINNC(Time, south_north, west_east) ;
        float T2(Time, south_north, west_east) ;
        float U10(Time, south_north, west_east) ;
        float Q2(Time, south_north, west_east) ;
        float ACSWDNB(Time, south_north, west_east) ;
        int I_ACSWDNB(Time, south_north, west_east) ;
        float SWDNB(Time, south_north, west_east) ;
        float ACLWDNB(Time, south_north, west_east) ;
        int I_ACLWDNB(Time, south_north, west_east) ;
        float LWDNB(Time, south_north, west_east) ;
        float ACSWUPB(Time, south_north, west_east) ;
        int I_ACSWUPB(Time, south_north, west_east) ;
        float SWUPB(Time, south_north, west_east) ;
        float ACLWUPB(Time, south_north, west_east) ;
        int I_ACLWUPB(Time, south_north, west_east) ;
        float LWUPB(Time, south_north, west_east) ;
        float PHB(Time, bottom_top_stag, south_north, west_east) ;
        float PH(Time, bottom_top_stag, south_north, west_east) ;
        float HGT(Time, south_north, west_east) ;
        float PBLH(Time, south_north, west_east) ;
        float LH(Time, south_north, west_east) ;
        float HFX(Time, south_north, west_east) ;
        float ACHFX(Time, south_north, west_east) ;

And my command syntax:
nccopy -V "RAINNC,T2,U10,Q2,SWDNB,LWDNB,SWUPB,LWUPB,PHB,PH,HGT,LH,HFX" infile outfile
NetCDF: Variable not found
Location: file nccopy.c; line 1298

Even if I limit it to a single variable it still fails
nccopy -V RAINNC infile outfile

I've tried with and without quotes and haven't been able to find any existing examples online or in the mail archives. This is with the netcdf-C utilities v4.3.3.1 on RHEL6.6.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,
Steve Harper
Systems Administrator