Re: [netcdfgroup] netcdf4.3 installation error with hdf5

When I did this, it says 'WARNING: unrecognized options: --with-hdf5'

Ed Hartnett <edwardjameshartnett <at> gmail.com> writes:

> If I am not mistaken, you want to take the "lib" off your directory
path in the --with-hdf5 option. It should point to the directory above
the lib directory.

> On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 6:02 PM, padala chittibabu <padalachittibabu1
<at> gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,I am trying to build netcdf4.3 with hdf5 on Redhat Linux enterprise
6.4 , 64 bit machine. I installed GCC 4.8.1 and open mpi 1.6.5. I also
successfully build hdf5 in prallel mode and zlib. I am getting this
error during configuration netcdf 4.3. Please see attached config.log. I
dont get this error if I use --disable-netcdf-4 configuration option.
Please help. Thanks in advance.  ./configure --enable-netcdf-4 --with-
hdf5=/usr/local/hdf5/libchecking for library containing H5Fflush...
noconfigure: error: Can't find or link to the hdf5 library. Use --
disable-netcdf-4, or see config.log for errors.