[netcdfgroup] Retiring soon

After 29 years with UCAR's Unidata Program following 15 years with NCAR's
high-performance computing facility, I'll be retiring at the end of this
month to explore other interesting distractions.

I'm grateful for the opportunities I've had to develop open-source software
infrastructure for geoscience research and education, including parts of
netCDF and Unidata's Internet Data Distribution system. I'm also proud to
have helped build and manage Unidata's talented staff as it grew from 3 to
23 under Directors Dave Fulker and Mohan Ramamurthy.

NetCDF has benefited from the work of many other developers and contributors
<http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/credits.html>.  With Ward
Fisher now leading netCDF development and support at Unidata and
collaborating with an active world-wide community of open-source
developers, I'm confident that the software will continue to serve its
users and prove again that shared efforts can be leveraged to develop,
support, and maintain long-lasting infrastructure.

Farewell to many friends in the community. I'll miss you, but plan to stay
in touch as an occasional reader and contributor to the netcdfgroup mailing
list, most likely under an assumed name ... 😎

--
Russ Rew
UCAR Unidata Program