Re: [netcdfgroup] Introducing netCDF Explorer

On 11/01/2015 11:37 PM, Pedro Vicente wrote:

> Today we announce the release of a new product, netCDF Explorer.
>
> netCDF Explorer is multi-platform graphical browser for netCDF files. netCDF
> Explorer can browse files locally or remotely, by means of OPeNDAP
> <http://www.opendap.org/>.
>
> It is available at
>
> http://www.space-research.org/
>
> Downloads are available for Mac, Windows and Linux. Source code is available
> at GitHub.
>
> https://github.com/pedro-vicente/netcdf-explorer__
>
> netCDF Explorer follows the design of our flagship product, HDF Explorer.
>
> *HDF Explorer recently reached the mark of 30,000 users. It has become the
> most widely acclaimed browser for HDF files.*
>
> *HDF Explorer was developed only for the Windows platform, and one request we
> frequently have is the availability for Mac and Linux. When HDF Explorer was
> written, there was not available a good (or any, for that matter), cross
> platform GUI framework written in C++.*
>
> We recently came across with an excellent GUI framework that is a joy to work
> with, that allows the deployment to Mac, Linux, and Windows with one source
> code base. So, a project that was on the back burner for many years, quickly
> came to light in the short time frame of one month. The first product is
> netCDF Explorer.
>
> Due to the short time of development, netCDF Explorer can be considered as a
> simple start with a lot of room to grow.
>
> Nonetheless we decided to release it at this time to get a feeling of
> netCDF/HDF/OpenDAP user’s comments, suggestions, or any problems they may
> encounter examining their own netCDF files.
>
> So, please send any comments, suggestions, problems found.

How the heck are you supposed to build this thing from source?

$ bakefile -f gnu explorer.bkl
/export/home/orion/redhat/netcdf-explorer-0.1/netcdf-explorer-6cd807a8db1b02196371115689f248456d322e71/explorer.bkl:4:
error: can't find file '../../build/bakefiles/common_samples.bkl' in
/export/home/orion/redhat/netcdf-explorer-0.1/netcdf-explorer-6cd807a8db1b02196371115689f248456d322e71:/usr/share/bakefile/rules:/usr/share/bakefile/rules/modules:/usr/share/bakefile/output:/usr/share/bakefile
    included from
/export/home/orion/redhat/netcdf-explorer-0.1/netcdf-explorer-6cd807a8db1b02196371115689f248456d322e71/explorer.bkl:4

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                       orion@xxxxxxxx