Re: [netcdfgroup] [CF-metadata] [Hdf-forum] Detecting netCDF versus HDF5 -- PROPOSED SOLUTIONS --REQUEST FOR COMMENTS

  • To: Stephan Hoyer <shoyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [netcdfgroup] [CF-metadata] [Hdf-forum] Detecting netCDF versus HDF5 -- PROPOSED SOLUTIONS --REQUEST FOR COMMENTS
  • From: John Caron <jcaron1129@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2016 18:09:55 -0600
Hi Stephan:

I agree strongly with you, having seen similar issues from the POV of the
netcdf-java library. It seems to be very common to confuse the reference
library with the specification, whether it be file format, web service, OTW
protocol, etc. Its so easy to fix something in the library. Im sure Ive
done it myself. ;^(

Anyway, no sign it will happen here, but good reminder.

John