Re: [netcdfgroup] Renaming dimensions and retaining their values

  • To: "ashwinD12 ." <winash12@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [netcdfgroup] Renaming dimensions and retaining their values
  • From: "Thompson, Matt (GSFC-610.1)[SCIENCE SYSTEMS AND APPLICATIONS INC]" <matthew.thompson@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2016 12:09:27 -0400
On 07/06/2016 11:41 AM, ashwinD12 . wrote:
Matt,
           That is very likely the problem ! I have netCDF 4.3.2 and I
have downloaded 4.4.0 and I can go ahead and install it. But what
happens to the rest of the software that I have such as WRF etc ? Will
everything be needed to be recompiled once I put in a new version of
netCDF ?
Thanks,
Ashwin.

Maaaaaaybe? :)

If I change a base library like netCDF4, I tend to recompile and rebuild everything that links with it. You may not have to (rebuilding NCO alone might be enough for you if you only need ncrename), but the real test would be to try the other software and see. I'm not sure how much of a shock 4.3.2 to 4.4.0 would be. Others here might be able to answer that.

Of course, I tend to have my different versions of different base libraries pretty well separated so it pretty much requires a rebuild to access them.

Matt

--
Matt Thompson, SSAI, Sr Scientific Programmer/Analyst
NASA GSFC,    Global Modeling and Assimilation Office