Re: [netcdfgroup] NetCDF external links

We have a number of operational products based on fixed lat/lon grids that we
disseminate in near-real time.

The ability to be able to send the lat/lon grid once and link to it as a
coordinate variable from within the file would be very useful as it would save
considerably on bandwidth costs while still keeping the products user-friendly.

So this would be a welcome development for our purposes.

Tim

Dr. Tim Patterson
Instrument Data Simulation Expert
Product Engineering/Test Data Coordination
MTG Programme
GEO  Division

EUMETSAT
Eumetsat-Allee 1